Saturday, January 24, 2009

Well, Jeff is back at school and busy working with the women's basketball team, and I just finished my first week of orientation/training for my new job. Yes, I said week. A whole week of the same things over and over again. We love our patients, code red means fire, you're a caregiver even if you sit and type all day, yadda, yadda, yadda. Oh, but I did win 2 movie tickets so I guess the hours and hours of sitting were worth it. And then there was the orientation of the medical records department, which might I add is partially in the dungeon of the hospital. Luckily I'll be in the upstairs part where there is real light. Okay, I know some of these ladies enjoy their jobs, but I don't know how they can sit and scan charts or sit at a computer and check bar codes all. day. long. And I thought medical transcription was tedious. I guess someone's gotta do it. Thankfully once I'm up to speed I can work from home. Oh, and don't hesitate to ask me about the importance of handwashing.




A couple weeks ago our friends JD and Jerrica came to visit. We had a fun time and ate way too much cake. You would too if you tried this cake. We checked out a waterfall that Lance and Ariel had shown us, went bowling and realized I'm a horrible bowler, played tennis and realized I need some help with that too, played games, and ate some more. It's what we do best.



2 comments:

Penny said...

At least it's over, right??!!

Sara said...

Still miss you guys. I keep telling Blair to talk you into moving back when Jeff is done. Sounds like your job will be good. I mean, at least you have a job, right? That's what I keep reminding myself when I have lame days at work.