Monday, February 23, 2009

more about jobs

So

here's the update:

Jeff is now the women's athletic director. Okay, not really...but with how much he works and all the stuff they have him do they should consider his graduate assistantship a full-time job.

Speaking of full-time jobs...

I got offered one. I'm a little nervous about sitting and transcribing mumbling doctors for 8 hours a day instead of 4, but who can turn down extra money and extra vacation time? Caribbean cruise anyone? I'll be working from 3 to 11:30 in the evening, which isn't ideal, but it's better than in the middle of the night. I would like to take a moment to say that I realize in my last post I sounded a little negative about the whole job thing--you know sitting through orientation is boring--but I really am very grateful to have finally gotten a job, especially one doing something that I am trained to do. And it's really not so bad. Actually, it would be relatively easy if doctors could just enunciate and not speed talk. Is it really that difficult?

Speaking of jobs (which seems to be the theme of this blog recently)...

Look at the great job Lance and Ariel did on making, baking, and popping out this little girl:

She's a cutie. Everyone loves a newborn baby.

Speaking of babies...


Just kidding. Gotcha for a second though, didn't I?

Today I decided I want one of these:

I haven't told Jeff yet. Pretty sure you can't say no to those wrinkles and floppy ears. Even if you're not supposed to have puppies or any dogs at all on new carpet.

2 comments:

Heather said...

congrats and yes, that's one cute puppy. they do grow up, you know! And pee and poop on new carpet (heck, how are they supposed to know it's new?) And if you get one, how will you be able to go on that carribean cruise? guess lance and ariel will be dog-sitting! ha ha!

Heather said...

oh, and speaking of lance and ariel...congrats on your new angel. so glad that she is okay. let lynn babysit lots! she's really cute when she's holding a baby.....(don't tell jeff)