Thursday, June 5, 2008

World Travelers

Costa Rica is the closest I've come to completing my quest to travel to all six continents. But wait, you ask, aren’t there seven? Technically, yes. But when you’re talking travel, let’s be realistic. I don’t count Antarctica because a) scientists are the only ones who really go there and b) I’m not a big fan of the cold so minus 100 degrees makes me want to get back into bed and turn the heater on as we speak (or as I write I guess). Anyway, I know Costa Rica doesn’t exactly count as South America, but it’s pretty dang close. Jeff also received his first stamp in his passport which is pretty awesome. Hopefully there will be many more stamps to come.

We had a great time hangin out at the beach, zipping through the trees, feeding the monkeys fruit loops, learning how to make Costa Rican rice and beans, and trying not to run over lizards in the road--or people for that matter. We were lucky enough to stay at Jeff’s uncle’s place where the builder of the house, Frank (aka Frank The Tank as we liked to call him), took us all around showing us the hot spots and leading us down the beach in our non four-wheel drive (luckily we didn't get stuck...thank you jeff) to get to the good beaches and snorkel spots.

1 comment:

caseytanner said...

dude, that looks sick. I need to get out to Costa Rica sometime.